100 word challenge

Valerie lay on her bed, thinking, remembering her grandfather, 11/11 the day he fought in the war. This was a very sad day that came every year, she loved her grandpa, today they usually go to his grave and put some nice, lovely, new flowers to remember him. He had played a big part in the war, he was to be respected. Right next to the grave yard was a gigantic field of the prettiest, delicate looking red flowers, like they had each been carefully dipped in the nicest shade of red ink, Valerie knew what the poppies meant to the war, how they had sprung up on the field the war was on.

One thought on “100 word challenge

1. Hello,
    I can easily empathize with Valerie. I was also exceptionally close to my grandfather. Each year when we visit the cemetery it makes me very sad also.
    Be careful to check your sentence structure when you are writing. Some of your sentences run-on. Before you finalize your writing make sure to read it aloud in order to be certain that it flows well and makes sense. The sentence with the lovely description of the flowers seems a but disjointed.
    Thank you for sharing your story.
    On an entirely different note, I love cats also! Your virtual pet is darling!
    Ms. Felton (Iowa, US) Team 100